Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

i Option to hardlimit new event frequency

1 year, 3 months ago

The problem: At higher evolution factors the frequency of rampant events becomes so high that they end up overlaping each other in some way or another, meaning there is always some part of the factory being heavily attacked and thus giving the engineer no downtime to actually build, expand or otherwise do non combat things.

The solution: A setting that occasionally but consistantly forces some form of 'rest period' where no new rampant events will occur at all. Perhaps a hard cooldown between events, perhaps every X number of events a forced peaceful period will activate.

I do very much enjoy this mod, it really does overall make the game much more enjoyable, but unfortunately at times running from one end of the factory to defend a raid then immdiately running to the other side to defend another raid only to run back to the first side to defend yet another raid just gets exhausting. I would so very much love a way to give my self time to rest and rebuild instead of having to go at 100 all the time.

New response