Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Siege mode is stupid

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Dude I love this mod, but PLEASE add an option to reduce the chance of siege mode. Defenses that stood for hours are suddenly completely overwhelmed and covered by nests. The AI sets them up in a matter of seconds, and the attack groups that spearhead them are massive and frequent. Compared to the other modes it's unbalanced to the point of being silly.

I just want the option to reduce its likelihood or overwhelming power, or at least bring it into line with the other modes.

Cheers.

1 year, 4 months ago

If you have some specific ideas on how better to balance siege mode, I would be happy to look into the changes otherwise you can always disable siege mode in the mod settings.

1 year, 4 months ago

One suggestion I personally would have for it is maybe make it so that they don't set up the nests as quickly.

It gives you time to notice and quash the siege attempt BEFORE it builds up to full strength, however if you do let it build up it becomes the massive horde who can spearhead through your defenses like usual.

1 year, 4 months ago

If you have some specific ideas on how better to balance siege mode, I would be happy to look into the changes otherwise you can always disable siege mode in the mod settings.

One way you could do it is to expose some settings to the players
Siege Probability
Siege Duration
Siege Nest Density
Siege Nest Construction Rate
Siege Raid Size
Siege Raid Frequency

1 year, 3 months ago

I am a little disappointed that Siege mode uses the same rules as Raid, making raid pointless. Maybe it would help to have Siege mode require pollution to trigger a siege.

New response