Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Spawner spitter bugs indestructible

1 year, 8 months ago

Greetings,
First of all, excellent mod, cant imagine playing without it.
I use a quite modified version of Factorio, with mods as Krastorio, Space exploration, etc...
Among the mods I use, I use the AAI Programmable Vehicles. I have a tank army that I use to expand, and I am constantly fighting the bugs. So far so good, and the variety of bugs requires me to have different types of tanks, and all that is great fun!
However, I noticed quite a few times, that the spawner spitter, that uses tiny bugs to attack my tanks is bugged. In particular, these tiny bugs are indestructible, so that when one latches on a tank, that tank gets bombarded over and over by friendly tanks who are aiming with their cannons at the tiny bug. This results in that tank being destroyed. Ive even zoomed in to see what was going on, and Ive noticed that the tiny bug has a timer, after which it expires. Nevertheless, it remains indestructible during that time, which is more than enough for my 200 tanks to pulverise the poor tank in which the bug was latched on, and all others who accidentally move close to that location. I believe, though Im not 100 percent sure, that this happens for the spitters AND the worms. My question is this: is the tiny bug that is spitted meant to be indestructible? I think the spawner faction is one of the coolest ones, but I fear I must have to get rid of it, since it causes massive casualties on my tank divisions. Not that i mind casualties, I think its great that its hard, but the bug being indestructible is too much. If the tiny bug werent, then yea.. sure, there would be friendly fire, and Id have to be careful and read the spawns, and use gatling tanks for nests with spawners, which is really cool, since I'd have to effectively scout the target nest and play accordingly. As it is, though, its a bit too painful, since, even if we discount the friendly fire, literally 200 tanks are machine-gunning a single tiny bug for like half a second, and then the next and the next.... Its an impossible cycle to circumvent.
Finally, Ive also noticed that this does not appear to happen with all spawned tiny bugs, but, frankly, im not sure, as the combat is very chaotic, and I can only get glimpses at what is actually going on.
Anyway, thanks for reading! :)

1 year, 7 months ago

Greetings,
First of all, excellent mod, cant imagine playing without it.
I use a quite modified version of Factorio, with mods as Krastorio, Space exploration, etc...
Among the mods I use, I use the AAI Programmable Vehicles. I have a tank army that I use to expand, and I am constantly fighting the bugs. So far so good, and the variety of bugs requires me to have different types of tanks, and all that is great fun!
However, I noticed quite a few times, that the spawner spitter, that uses tiny bugs to attack my tanks is bugged. In particular, these tiny bugs are indestructible, so that when one latches on a tank, that tank gets bombarded over and over by friendly tanks who are aiming with their cannons at the tiny bug. This results in that tank being destroyed. Ive even zoomed in to see what was going on, and Ive noticed that the tiny bug has a timer, after which it expires. Nevertheless, it remains indestructible during that time, which is more than enough for my 200 tanks to pulverise the poor tank in which the bug was latched on, and all others who accidentally move close to that location. I believe, though Im not 100 percent sure, that this happens for the spitters AND the worms. My question is this: is the tiny bug that is spitted meant to be indestructible? I think the spawner faction is one of the coolest ones, but I fear I must have to get rid of it, since it causes massive casualties on my tank divisions. Not that i mind casualties, I think its great that its hard, but the bug being indestructible is too much. If the tiny bug werent, then yea.. sure, there would be friendly fire, and Id have to be careful and read the spawns, and use gatling tanks for nests with spawners, which is really cool, since I'd have to effectively scout the target nest and play accordingly. As it is, though, its a bit too painful, since, even if we discount the friendly fire, literally 200 tanks are machine-gunning a single tiny bug for like half a second, and then the next and the next.... Its an impossible cycle to circumvent.
Finally, Ive also noticed that this does not appear to happen with all spawned tiny bugs, but, frankly, im not sure, as the combat is very chaotic, and I can only get glimpses at what is actually going on.
Anyway, thanks for reading! :)

EDIT: I might have made a mistake. When reviewing the new type of enemies introduced, I think the problem is coming from the WASP bugs, not the spawners, but Im not sure...

1 year, 4 months ago

I can add it to the todo list

1 year, 4 months ago

I have similar problem with spawner eggs and Krastorio 2 More realistic weapons. Neither me, nor AAI-controlled vehicles can hit them, but turrets do. When i turn on auto-aim for MRW, eggs can be easily destroyed.
My suggestion is that this problem is related to egg hitbox, but i couldn't find what to tweak in DroneUtils to fix it.
Is there anything that could be done except using auto-aim?

1 year, 4 months ago

The problem is that drones have zero collision box, so ballistic projectile weapons are unable to collide with it. That means shotguns and cannon rounds will not hit a spawner egg/wasp drone and continue flying past them.

I have tried to add a collision box to drones, but the game doesn't let you have combat drones that have non-zero collision box.

The solution I can think about is changing the type of entity used to a regular unit instead of a combat robot.

1 year, 18 days ago

Thanks for the report this should be fixed in the latest

New response