Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b No hives for migration

1 year, 9 months ago

Does anyone else have problems with no hives spawned by Rampant v3? Hives can be found only in new generated chunks as a part of autoplaced enemies conversion.
I see no mentioning in changelog that hives will never ever grow. Veden wrote that Rampant enemy buildings upgrade has 0% chance, but no word about biters migration - new enemy bases or growth of existing bases nearby resources patches.
Unfortunately Veden doesn't respond for a long time, so I'd like to check with other players. Thank you!

It's too easy and boring without hives rising.

1 year, 9 months ago

Migration to new or existing chunks by settlers should have a chance to spawn hives

1 year, 9 months ago

Made a test play. You're right: hives still appear. But its building chances were reduced a lot with additional requirements (more free space at migration destination point), less probability (looks like 0% for no-resources chunks now and 2..3 times lower for resource chunks) and overpopulation issue fix (much less spawners can grow in the same number of tiles comparing to Rampant2, spawners start to collide only after hive appearance).

1 year, 9 months ago

In simple words:
if all resource patches are already populated (Rampant migration loves them much more than common areas) by the moment evolution exceeds magic value, then: sorry, pal - 100% no hives for you till discovering new lands.

1 year, 8 months ago

Problem was fixed in ver3.1.2 in many aspects: biters do not essentially settle on resources anymore (more random distribution of nests during migration), hives appear not only in resource areas (I got several ones at evolution 28% far from resource chunks - but it's quite intense game with no peaceful AI and difficulty scaling 1.2).

Thank you!

New response