Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Giant blobs

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi There,

i have a problem biters are forming giant blobs with 1000s of biters that never attack or move.
(they do reackt to the player if i aproch them (resulting in an insane lag)

some also seem to freeze at random

fiddeling around with the mod setting didnt help.

im using bobs+angels+LTN. and extrem slow evolution settings.

Ps.: not all biters are forming such blobs +50% of them seem to akt normal

is it a bug or is it me?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

ai removes alien squads faster than they reach your factory (and ai takes enormous "ai gain points" for next attacks).
1. settings -> mod settings -> Rampant -> attack wave: Max number of attack groups active -> change 25 to 300. this change can stop constant squad recycling and biters will come to your factory (expect serious ups drop for next 5 minutes until squads will be killed).
2. settings -> mod settings -> Rampant -> attack wave: Max biter group size that can be directly formed -> change 75 to something less. less attack waves = more ups
3. kill enemies to unfreeze game and purge ai points https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Kill_all_biters_on_the_.22enemy.22_force
4. trim map. if you use space exploration mod, use "trim surface" button in star map. If not, use https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Delete_chunks . problem is that attack waves can generate in random discovered point on map, many tiles away from your base, and they will be recycled from ai. with map trimming there's big chance that they will spawn near your base, and reach your walls 1-20 times faster.
to see ai points enable ai: print *** to chat in mod settings.

i have 70hr game with kr2+se+rampant (deathworld), and have similar problem. After changing settings biters returned to life. Have ups drop to 30 sometimes when killing huge enemy bases, but only for 3-5 minutes until vengance waves killed, so that's not big problem

2 years ago

@khkpck
Please provide a save, otherwise I can't tell you if it is a bug or it is just you.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

that helped alot @ adrianowish

in the end i have to kill em faster?

2 years ago

for smooth gameplay we just need to regulary remove chunks of revealed map outside factory walls to minimize distance from enemy spawn points to walls. Be careful with radar placement, or use little radars, delete uninteresting map chunks after long travels.
less travel distance for biters = less biter group life time = less biter groups active on map = less biters on map = better ups. Reducing attack wave size is not true path of the samurai. Let the hordes flood your defence and the strongest will survive

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

oh yeah im killing atm 3.500/min limit is at 5.000/min do to production limitation of amunition (gun turrets only)

(33% of my iron is use to produce amunation)

New response