Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

i Disabling hive faction

2 years ago

Hive faction can't be disabled, so when i check "no expansion", i still got this faction expanding massively until it's too late and i got crazy amount of worms crushing my defenses. Not really what i wanted: i like the attacks from biters but it require way too much total damage dealt to counter total health from infinite worms and nest. Seems a bit counterintuitive to me to always lose from worms rather than biters but that's another topic.
So may we have a button in the option to disable hive faction to get proper "no expansion" gameplay?
Thanks in advance

2 years ago

Hive is not a faction. That's a type of spawner appearing after evolution 30%. It often appears in chunks with resources, but in Rampant2.0 started to appear in other places. I had to destroy one in early game yesterday with flamethrower.

It is easily killed if one focuses on it ignoring worms and other spawners around. With rocket launcher, capsule launcher, etc.

But if you don't like them, you can diminish their powers by changing their health, spawning skills. The last three in Startup settings of Rampant (can be changed for existing game - via main factorio menu and game restart): https://imgur.com/a/MMbGuaJ . Replace "1" with "0.1" for example.

2 years ago

I tried to change the value of "respawn scaler" 0.0001 give crazy nest spawning, and 1000 doesn't seems to change much of it (does it need time for change to be effective?).
I will try the health to see if i can make them not a threat anymore, but i still think it's not working as intended in a "no expansion" game.

2 years ago

You need no expansion of biters? Did you turn it off in Rampant map settings (not in game map settings when starting new map, but in Mod Settings / Map settings)?
Hives create worms and other nests as a replacement of biters/spitters spawning. Therefore disabling Siege AI , Raiding AI and Migration AI may not stop generating new nests and worms around hives. Are you sure you want to play vs New Enemies if you don't want to mess with hives and other additional difficulties of Rampant mod?

I tried to change the value of "respawn scaler" 0.0001 give crazy nest spawning, and 1000 doesn't seems to change much of it (does it need time for change to be effective?).

I didn't try it. Doesn't know if it works as described. Can't check it before next week.

2 years ago

Ok with hive respawn scaler at 100000 it's good, just need to wait a bit for getting it updated

2 years ago

Indeed siege, migration and raiding don't change much.
I want to play with new biter factions, just don't want to fight worms spawning in my walls, only biters. I want to fight worms only when i want to expande my base.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hmm, according to description, number should be set 1 / 100000, or maybe I don't understand the tooltip :-)

With Rampant2.0 hives became a common probability encounter. Before that hives appeared only on resources chunks, so one knew that he must claim all vital resources territories before evolution reaches 30% or forget about them till complete switch to oil, blue science or even yellow science (armor mk2 with exoskeleton and other things) if not fond of tanks. From other point, RA now allows very powerful weapons in pre-yellow stage (capsule artillery, rocket turrets with high and wall-safe range).

For example this is what I had to purge on evolution 33% yesterday, because it grew up near my walls (and it was even not SiegeAI).
https://youtu.be/hZ8i5P9bZFc
Fortunately it is Regenerative faction (very weak against fire, no need in rocketlauncher and special RA ammo type). Funny!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

2 years ago

As garrotte said Hives are a enemy type like worms and spawners.
Turning them off is not an easy thing. Setting the the hive Respawn scaler to a high value will increase the time between structures getting spawned.

New response