Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Desync on MP Server

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Experiencing desyncs regularly on a dedicated multiplayer server.
Original Rampant Version: 2.0.3
Installed from the start: Yes
Map Evo: 80%+ - This happened over the course of 20-40 minutes, up from 0-5%
Server: 1.1.50

Playing on a map with a few friends. Sudden massive Evo climb followed by Desyncs and Drops happening very close together when more than one person is connected. Less frequent but still present when only one person is online. Removing Rampant does resolve the issue and makes the server playable. I have attempted to run it from a fresh headless install and only transferring mods and save with same result. Server has a version of the save loaded that has been tinkered with to attempt solving the issue. Rampant was enabled and disabled, other mods were turned on and off as well. As of now everything is back on in the configuration it originally was. For completeness I have copied the server and spun it up with Rampant 2.1.2 as well.

Server is up and available @ synnet.hopto.org:34213
Server with Rampant 2.1.2 @ synnet.hopto.org:34217
Full Dump of current server files: https://we.tl/t-nVHcMShrm4
Save Games, Modlist and Settings: https://we.tl/t-VfjVKxVgVQ
This contains original, unaltered save where issue presented (bobserver.zip) and the most recent server save after tinkering (bobserver2.zip). Mod list and settings are the same for both saves.

2 years ago

The massive evo climb was do to an error in Rampant Evolution, update to 1.3.0 to fix

1 year, 11 months ago

3.1.0 should have a desync fix, please let me know if you are still having problems

New response