Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b [2.1.2] Non-Recoverable Error in Rampant::on_tick

2 years ago

Version: 2.1.2
Map Evolution: 0.7871
Added at start: Yes
Description: Encountered crash while attacking base. Crash occurred once I got close enough to base. Error message is:

The mod Rampant (2.1.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
Rampant/libs/ChunkProcessor.lua:56: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Rampant/libs/ChunkProcessor.lua:56: in function 'removeProcessQueueChunk'
Rampant/libs/ChunkProcessor.lua:110: in function 'processPendingChunks'
Rampant/control.lua:937: in function <Rampant/control.lua:888>

Current mods:
- Clockwork
- Factorio Library
- Factory Planner
- Gear Girl Character
- Infinite Resources
- Krastorio 2
- Rampant
- Rampant-Krastorio 2 Creep Fix
- Ribbon Maze (fix for 1.1)
- Spidertron Extended

Save: https://file.io/4lEwf0LmecIV

2 years ago

Are you able to reproduce this on your save?

2 years ago

I was able to get the crash to occur the two previous times I attempted to clear this base, but now it does not seem to be occurring. The two previous times I had halfway cleared the base using poison capsules, and then died to a fast biter, with the crash occurring as soon as they attacked me. But after trying several times to recreate the same situation today I'm now not having any luck with causing the crash to reoccur. If you end up opening the save, the base I was trying to clear is the one on the coal patch near the top left corner of the explored area.

Is it possible the crash has something to do with the void tiles that Ribbon Maze uses, and it's just coincidence it happened while I was attacking a base? I have been noticing some strange generation behavior with biters, where in some areas there are no nests or worms to be found, but there is a small patch of Krastorio creep right at the edge of the chunk, like the base generated inside the void between the paths. Could the chunk processor think that there are some nests due for upgrades that never technically got placed on the map because they were in void tiles?

2 years ago

The extra information was helpful and I was able to reproduce and fix this issue.
I'm honestly surprised that Rampant was working at all.

1 year, 6 months ago

i had this happen after deactivation 2 biter factions after they have already been on the map

New response