Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b [2.0.3] NRE on anchoring of Space Exploration spaceship carrying player character

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

A non-recoverable error was observed when a Space Exploration spaceship carrying the player character anchored itself (causing surface deletion in the process):

Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/ChunkProcessor.lua:83: attempt to index local 'event' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    __Rampant__/libs/ChunkProcessor.lua:83: in function 'processPendingChunks'
    __Rampant__/control.lua:911: in function <__Rampant__/control.lua:896>

Rampant was added at the start of the save, and recently migrated to 2.0.3 from a previous version.

Savefile (around 2 sec before automatic anchoring): https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/12a9c3bf5cb397e0-pub/ksr1.zip

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I have this same bug with the same conditions as above apart from the ship carrying the player. It does not bug on the ship leaving the planet to Orbit, only from hooking up the new automatic condition from orbit back to the planet.

Savefile - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-trto1l1JB2Stas4dtaAb4ZQVMFtdzk-/view

Edit - I was doing some playing around and it seems that the error has to do with the tick and flush variables. Flush doesn't seem to be used anywhere else but here function chunkProcessor.processPendingChunks(universe, tick, flush) .

It seems if I just wait a while I can hook the ship up to go to and from automatically and I will not get the error. Once it's running it seems to never cause the error to occur.

2 years ago

Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in the next version.

New response