Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b 1s freeze every 15s

2 years ago

I am playing a game with Space Exploration, Rampant and a 100 or so other mods. I also played dozens of games with this and similar setups (in fact, I can't remember not having played with Rampant, it's one of the absoltue must-haves :), so it doesn't seem to trigger every time. The Problem is that sometime around midgame, the game started freezing for about one second every 15 seconds. The script update debug shows that it is Rampant, i.e. Rampant has normally around 0.124 for the first time, but this jumps to >10 after the freeze. The third time jumps from around 0.6 to >1500.

I haven't uncovered very much of the surface, very few other Planets, and nauvis is the only surface with biters.

I tried loading and saving the game without Rampant, then loading it again with Rampant. Without Rampant, the problem is (not unexpectedly) gone, with Rampant, it instantly reappears.

2 years ago

Are you on the latest version of Rampant?

Also Veden will probably want a save when he looks into it.

2 years ago

I may have a fix coming in the next version, but without a save i wont be able to validate the fix.

New response