Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

i Suicide biters don't hurt

3 years ago

Hi !
After rebalance in 1.0.4 suicide biters don't make any considerable damage to player and player's/neutral buildings at all. It is written in hint that they make for example 1.7k explosion damage, but my energy shield takes very small damage - less than 50 (power armor mk3) if I stay in place and let them come as close as they prefer before self detonation. Suicide biters can't even destroy rocks in one blow anymore. It takes several of them in sequence to destroy a rock (two middle-game biters to take out 500 health and a pack to terminate big rock 2000 health).
They can't destroy a mending wall in 2 blows. I agree that one-shot was too strong. And bugfix for explosion epicenter is very good - thank you.

Before patch these beasts were lethal. Can it be something intermediate now? I got suicide biters main idea as "keep away from them whatever it takes or make them stuck near tree or rock". And as now there is no need to avoid contact they are useless. Neutral or Acid biter does twice more damage with a single bite.
Maybe it's because their damage consists of a series of small explosions and each is negated almost completely by 60 explosion dmg MK3 armor decrease? I see a complex formula with very-very small damage values multiplicated in mod file. I didn't check how their damage was calculated in older mod version files.
But the same problem is in early game when wearing early armor against 40% evo biter (end tier set as 10) - they don't make player in heavy armor to run in panic like it was before.

3 years ago

I think you are correct for lots of small independent explosions each getting reduced by 60.

This is changing the AoE to one large vs many small.

3 years ago

Ver. 1.0.6.
Now player gets 50..100 damage from suicide biter explosion. I still ignore them and can walk through a squad with MK3 armor and 500 shield hitpoints. But didn't check walls/buildings damage and early game with 1.0.6 change.

3 years ago

I'd gladly accept some numbers, if you know the sweet spot between a single suicide biter destroying everything and suicide biters don't matter.

New response