Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Game crashes on evolution factor 0.9

3 years ago

I wanted to see Rampant in action at high evolution factors, so I set it to 0.9 using "/c game.forces["enemy"].evolution_factor=0.9".

I then built a turret next to some biters and loaded it with ammo. The game then crashed with the following error message:

The mod Rampant (1.0.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
Rampant/libs/AIPlanning.lua:284: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'multipler' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Rampant/libs/AIPlanning.lua:284: in function 'temperamentPlanner'
Rampant/control.lua:970: in function <Rampant/control.lua:927>

No other mods active.

Running up to the biters with the player and shooting them at evolution 0.9+ works fine (as in big biters eat the player). Building a turret also works fine. Loading a turret with ammo works fine. But as soon as the turret with ammo shoots a biter at evolution 0.9+, the game crashes.

Is this an artifact from using the console to set evolution, or should I expect an ordinary game to crash once evolution reaches 0.9?

3 years ago

Yes, I can reproduce it too. This error occurs immediately after setting evo to 0.9, without building/loading turret. Probably biters are already in some agression stage to provoke the issue.

3 years ago

Same problem, same error-message, immediatly occurs ca. 30 - 45 seconds after loading the game. Evo-factor is 0.94

3 years ago

Thanks for the report, should be fixed in the latest

3 years ago

Wow that was fast! Thanks, seems to work like a charm now!

New response