Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Rails are attacked

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I know there are several options for rail attack prevention. I already checked them but it doesn't work. Could you fix this problem? My version is 1.0. and I turend on those options during my save.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

help..

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rampant/faq
let me know if you are still having problems.

3 years ago

I dont know if he is having problems, but i surely do have the same problem.Because of the "Frenzy squads" function enemies attacking all rails on the way to the base. is there a way to disable frenzy squads? i did not find it in the mod settings

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

https://imgur.com/a/eShL8kU
Don't forget to Press 'Confirm', then 'Back', then 'Resume'. Factorio has (or had) a bug - pressing Esc after options confirmation doesn't save changes.

I must admit that I was unable to play with outposts in Rampant. Biters seek different points for attack and outpost requires too much attention to defend. It's easier to kill everything between the base and new resources spot. But maybe other players have successful strategies.

I dont know if he is having problems, but i surely do have the same problem.Because of the "Frenzy squads" function enemies attacking all rails on the way to the base. is there a way to disable frenzy squads? i did not find it in the mod settings

Frenzy squads is a key feature of Rampant. Without biters attacking everything it is a vanilla Factorio with stupid enemies - one can build walls labyrinth and kill everything with fire easily.

3 years ago

@StormLord07 are you using the mod settings for building safety and the rails are being attacked still?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I join the problem. Yes, if you enable this setting, then the railroad is still a target for destruction for biters.
Biters changed by the Krastorio 2 and Armoured Biters mod.

2 years ago

You have checked safe rails option and Safety: Enable Building Safety?
If it is still a problem, i will need a save.

2 years ago

There isn't an option for "enable building safety"? There's only an option to enable safety for curved rail, straight rail, big electric pole, rail signals, rail chain signals, train stops and lamps. There is no master setting.

2 years ago

This option was removed with Rampant2.* release to make mod settings easier to understand. You can find it in change log.

2 years ago

Oh ok. My theory as to why they're attacking rails is because I installed this mod mid-save so any safe structure built before I installed this mod hasn't been accounted in the ai strategy database as a safe structure. They also don't seem to attack rails that have been built after I installed this mod or rails that they're already "destroyed" (they respawn when set as safe structures).

2 years ago

:-) Funny effect. I'll try to make rails invincible mid game tomorrow. I suppose it shouldn't be this way as this is map setting, not game start setting.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Frenzy squads attacked rails installed with turned off protection after I turned protection on, but stopped (probably my pheromone effect ruined the test) and those rails recovered health completely in 1-2 seconds. Weird effect. Difficult to reproduce - looks like biters not always attack rails normally - only in special state (they mustn't follow player, but be in aggression phase).

Reproduced the backwards effect - after turning off invincibility biters attacked and were able to destroy only newly built big electric poles. Probably your theory is correct. Didn't try the same scenario with older mod versions.

2 years ago

Yes, currently the building safety only applies on build or death. This was a tradeoff I made for performance over functionality that I decided a long time ago and just never have gone back to it.
There are lots of code paths in Rampant that haven't been touched in a long time because I don't use the functionality and I have limited time.

New response