Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b No creep in expansions - Krastorio

3 years ago

Hi! This mod has been great except for balance - it's been really tricky for me, I've had to re-start 2 games with settings adjusted because I too experienced the apocalyptic doomsday expanding bugs at about mid-game; twice.

As an aside, I think that there's some vanilla setting that makes the mod suffer from the lack of respect for exponential numbers with regard to alien base expansion. I feel like it's a lot like the "doubling duckweed on the pond" story which I will not re-hash here, you can google it.

In any case - I play with Krastorio, and I noticed biter expansions in Rampant don't use Creep.

If you've played Krastorio, you know that Creep is an ingredient in Military Tech Cards (bottles). Only the initially spawned bases from the creation of the map have Creep, and it makes it really hard to obtain when using these mods together.

Could we do something about this?

3 years ago

I'm accepting pull requests for the code.
I haven't looked into how Krastorio handles the creep expansion, so I don't know what would need to happen to add compatibility.
Vanilla has also added a creep mechanic that I imagine will eventually be added to Rampant.

New response