Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Rampant Spawners Removing/Overriding NE Spawners on Generation

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm not sure whether this should go here, or in NE's discussions, but I figure since this is the mod that's overriding the other, it should go here.

I've been exploring my maps in order to catalogue the resistance stats of the various enemies from Bob's Enemies, Natural Evolution Enemies and Rampant, and as I run around at mach 8, I notice something peculiar.

I'll see a cluster arrive on my screen, with a number of different types of spawners, but a second later it just, vanishes and gets overrided, as if someone were to paste one picture over another, and this occurs pretty much everywhere, effectively removing nearly all NE spawners. (As of now, I've only found one NE hive cluster that didn't get overrided; a fire one.)

I started noticing this particularly because there will often be a couple NE enemies left over that didn't get overrided as I got there.

Is there anything I can do about this?

PS: To confirm, disabling Rampant 'Enable new enemies' allows clusters of NE spawners to exist.
PPS: It seems that in early game, the NE spawners don't get overridden so readily, it's only when hives start getting to multi-chunk size that they start stealing space from NE spawners

3 years ago

Rampant's new enemies do not play well with other mods that add enemies.
If you want to use other enemy mods, aside from armored biters, then I would not expect to see them as Rampant will override them.

3 years ago

Aw, that's unfortunate. And I suppose there's no easy fix since that would imply reconfiguring the entire generation code. Oh well.

Thank you for your response none the less. <3

New response