Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Game Crash with Road Grid

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Factorio version: 0.18.24
Rampant version: 0.18.11
Road Grid version: 0.0.3
Map evolution: not sure. I can provide a save file and factorio-previous.log. Probably unrelated.
Was Rampant added at the start of a game: yes.

I was walking north, outside of the starting area. I think I set starting area size to max, and probably as soon as I cross that "border" I think road grid wanted to add extra tiles and it caused a crash. Not sure if it it's reproducable or which of the two mods is at fault but I can provide a save.

38540.522 Error MainLoop.cpp:1205: Exception at tick 1101919: The mod Road Grid (0.0.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event road-grid::on_chunk_generated (ID 12)
The mod Rampant (0.18.11) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_robot_built_tile (ID 47)
Rampant/control.lua:783: attempt to index field 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Rampant/control.lua:783: in function <Rampant/control.lua:779>
stack traceback:
road-grid/control.lua:26: in function <road-grid/control.lua:16>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
road-grid/control.lua:26: in function <road-grid/control.lua:16>
38545.876 Quitting: user-quit.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KL1r9kPQ83wAreEOzqX3BEi-eV7WLuqP?usp=sharing
Cross posted to https://mods.factorio.com/mod/road-grid/discussion/5ec424410863ce000dad87d1

I also shared some code insights. I'm thinking Rampant doesn't like on_robot_built_tile without the item or the item name.
That, or road grid should also attach item data so other mods can properly read what item has been placed.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm getting a similiar error with the Construction Drones and the Transport drones mod (I'm not using Road grid) and Rampant. Happened when placing road tiles with the drones. It also says:

Error while running event Rampant::on_robot_built_tile (ID 47)
Rampant/control.lua:783: attempt to index field 'item' (a nil value)

So it seems Rampant needs to protect against that somehow.

Btw, I love that mod, although I hadn't much chance to play with it, it feels great so far! That's how the AI should be :)

3 years ago

Since the code in rampant is only to check if and when landfill is placed it shouldn't cause bugs if a nil check is implemented. Assuming biters can walk over klonans roads that is. A fix is in the link from my Google drive.

3 years ago

The next version should have a fix for this issue.

3 years ago

Thank you for your hard work and amazing mod :)

3 years ago

Thank you, the latest should fix this.

New response