Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Question about Enable new enemies and Ending enemy level

4 years ago

Hi Veden,
I've found your mod while looking for interesting mods for a new death world playthrough and this mod in combination with your arsenal mod looks really awesome. So first off thanks for your amazing work!
Do you have any recomendation for the 'Ending enemy level' setting for the Rampant mod in combination with your Aresenal mod?

I've loaded my old vanilla deathworld with only these two mods enabled (default settings except for 'Enable new enemies') to test it and to figure out what difficulty settings to use for the new playthrough. When i opened the map i saw 2 large areas next to my base where the vanilla biters have been removed but have not been replaced with new spawners like the rest.
After crerating a few new maps (revealing via consol) and playing with the mod settings i found the 'Enemy deadzone frequenzy' setting, which set to 0 resolved this issue. But while testing i realised that there are some cases where the vanilla biters, worms and spawners are not removed. In case of the worms and spawners, this seems to only hapen to worms and spawners very close to water. The unremoved vanilla biters happen sometimes in enemy bases that otherwise were replaced with your new enemies and quite a lot in empty areas if the deadzone setting is left on 0.1. I have checked in my old deathworld save, and there are also some of the vanilla behemoth biters left after your mod replaced the rest of the emenies and spawners. These cases are easy to spot as they remain in the vanilla red color on the map.

Here is a link to a screenshot of a newly created map in game version 0.18.22 with updated Rampant mod 0.18.10
https://ibb.co/PQp85xm
Red circles are vanilla biters, blue circle is a spot of vanilla worms and spawners.
I can provide more screenshots or a save file in case you want to look into this issue.

I also realised that suicide and acid biters can already spawn in a new map with 0 evolution, even all around the player spawn. Is this intentional or should all biters evolve from neutral larva state?

BR,
Jonny

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

If you have a save with the vanilla biters I can add it to the todo list.

At one point they were all neutral to start, and it got changed to the current system.

4 years ago

Hi Veden,
thanks for the info.

Here is a link to two save files created in factorio version 0.18.22 with only the rampant mod 0.18.10 enabled.
https://we.tl/t-IYMFYiZL1X
Modsettings are default except for 'Enable new enemies' and in the secound save 'Enemy deadzone frequenzy' changed to 1.

example1 (default):
You can find some vanilla worms and spawners in the top middle of the map near the lake. In general this seems to only happen on coastlines or small islands.
There is a enemy deadzone in the bottom right corner of the map with lines of vanilla small biters aswell as some worms and spawners near water.
In the neutral biter area above the deadzone, you can see that there are also some small biters left in areas where your mod created the new enemies. they seem to line up with the lines from the dead zone but are much less frequent.
example2 (deadzone 1):
only vanilla small biters and worms+spawners are left. easy to spot the worms and spawners near water. lines of small biters only apear to the right and bottom with only a few single biters in the top and left parts of the map.

I created both saves as new sandbox map on deathworld settings with enemy base frequenzy and size set to max.
After creation i reveal the map using:
/c local radius=1500 game.player.force.chart(game.player.surface, {{game.player.position.x-radius, game.player.position.y-radius}, {game.player.position.x+radius, game.player.position.y+radius}})
This already replaces/removes vanilla biter but still shows the vanilla biter nests on the map. Executing the same comand again updates the map to show your new spawners.
After that i just enabled editor mode using /editor to stop the biters from moving and to be able to look aroud the map freely.

hope this helps. let me know if you need any more info.

3 years ago

I don't know which save yours was, I believe this should be fixed in the latest. Let me know if it is not.

New response