Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Rampant appears disabled?

4 years ago

Hi,

A save where Rampant was active from the start but the game was begun in 2017, I think.

Loaded up now, updated factorio, updated Rampant, it seems the AI is "stuck" or broken.

Specific issues:
No longer get messages "The ground begins to shake."
Biters appear "Frozen" and do nothing unless you approach them. Once approached they "wake up" and begin continuously attacking in "stupid" waves i.e. No Rampant Behaviour, swarming etc.

Examples:
Look at the Southern Edge of the base, here biters are constantly spawning and approaching and dying in small amounts because I have walked to these bases to "wake up" the biters.

Look at biters almost everywhere else - standing perfectly still around their spawners, doing nothing. Frozen.

I cannot tell if there is an AI problem, if Rampant is disabled somehow, or both.

Thank you so much for this mod, I would not play the game without it :) <3

4 years ago

Should add, in options, "Disable Vanilla AI" is checked to off in the above save, I was testing it. When checked "On" still issues above persist, even if game is saved and rebooted.

4 years ago

I loaded your save in 0.18 and everything looks fine to me.

4 years ago

The ground message was removed a few versions back.

4 years ago

Thank you for checking, seems oddly much much easier than I remember. I will play with settings and attempt to make it much harder again :) Thank you for checking in on this.

New response