Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g is it possible to have Rampant enemies without the AI?

4 years ago

Specifically, I've been having massive issues with DEsyncsin multiplayer that are severely hampering our enjoyment of the game. If possible I'd like to keep Rampant's different biters however. But as it stands it seems like that simply isn't going to work, we've already restarted once due to reaching a point where the game simply fails to work multiplayer.

4 years ago

if you have a save that I can effectively reproduce a desync, I may be able to find it.
I've never been able to find the potential desync issue, you could always ask wube to take a look at the desync + save.
Otherwise to your request, I imagine it is possible, but I haven't looked.

4 years ago

I mean, the current save I have causes a desync almost immediately to anyone whos not the host. The desync report normally generated gives absolutely no indication though.

4 years ago

As for the request. I'll give it a shot myself but Im not too hopeful I won't break everything. But it would be a nice idea to set up as alternative to the full mod, jsut a 'lite lite' version with the biters, variance, etc. but lacking the improved ai

4 years ago

Granted, I have a large modlist so Rampant may not be the 'sole' cause, but the desyncs stopped when my friend stripped it from their game ( Unfortunately decimating 70%+ of the enemy forces in the process), so something's being derpy <w> I'll upload the save/ modlist/ etc. if you want me to.

4 years ago

how many mods and how large is the save?

4 years ago

289 mods total (Maybe 250 active? Some are disabled). Of these, a large chunk of them are /mini mods' for small tweaks. A good chunk is AAI, Angels, Bobs, and madclown. Savefile size is.... 25.6MB ish

4 years ago

Blegh, it's hurting my head x.x I'm not seeing an 'easy' way to cut off the AI. Do you have any suggestions for being able to disable the new AI entirely without having to strip dozens of lines of code?

4 years ago

289 is alot and makes it hard to pin point.

As for suggestions, not really, I hadn't intended for the two to be separate.

You would need to change the way the spawners, worms, and hives are added to the game map as they are placed by script now.

Also I don't know where the desync is happening, so I can't promise this would work.

Also without having tested any of this, I can't say what other issues you may have with the code.

New response