Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b [Desync] Random mob location. Let's debug

4 years ago

Hi Veden, i started playing on rampant with a friend, we're in early game but my friend is experiencing desync. We disabled the mod to continue playing but i'd like very much to keep the mod. The version is latest experimental 0.17.64 i think, i started debugging but too new to factorio modding to be efficient, i'd like to have a ditect contact with you over discord or telegram etc to fix those issues (desync files show some randomization problem i could write some code but you'll know better than me where to act) , what i can see so far after comparing desync files and testing in heavy-mode is that some aliens are at wrong positions or only exists in one client. The evolution is around 0.38 and aliens could have a hard time on pathfinding as our starting base is surrounded by a water ring. We use natural evolution and Bob ennemies mobs, nothing more entities related, we also use rampant arsenal. I'll comment with the mod list when i'm home but desync sure came from rampant. thx for your time

tag me @sceat in the mod-making channel of the official factorio discord, it will be faster when mod makers and devs take a part in the debugging.

4 years ago

Goodluck, as he's not responded to me and my friend having a critical error that bricked our saves in over 2 months.

4 years ago

Sceat if you are willing to put in the work, I will answer questions.

Auron, you realize I have maintained this mod for three years+ without anything but the warm fuzzy I get from working on this. You are always welcome to open up the code repo and make the 3 line patch that was required.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

My apologies veden, I fully understand that most modders don't get paid for mods and really, I shouldn't have said what I did. I've got some... less than pleasant traits and anger issues, leading me to being rather abrasive sometimes without even noticing till after the fact.

And I would happily fix codes were I able to, but my experience in coding is limited to xml editing (7 days to die), and sometimes poking and prodding codes of other Factorio mods to replicate/ modify some effects (Hullo Space Exploration, you need bigger impacts!) If there's any way I 'could' conceivably help I'd be happy to lend a worse-than-amateur's hand, time permitting.

Anyhow, I'm rambling as today's not been great. Suffice to say, I'm sorry for what I said. At the time of modding we were having multiple (unrelated, bad mods and such) issues/ having to restart several times, and the rampant bug pretty much bricked any interest of a friend to continue at the time due to the inability for either of us to fix it. I very much appreciate you continuing support for the mod, and hope to dive back into the factories when time permits.

New response