Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Completely unbalanced, settings don't seem to work

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I love this mod. It add's in a whole new level of gameplay to factorio.

But in my current .17 savegame this mod caused tons of issues for me.
At first everything went fine and as expected, until Biter attacks grew exponentially in count, size and strength.
I set the mod options so the peace-value is as high as possible, changed the difficulty down from 1.5 at start to 0.0005 now, which does have no effect at all.

I turned of raids, expansion and vanilla biter attacks (so for my understanding they shouldn't attack at all) by now, but they keep sending giant squads that will wait for my trains on my outside rails or attack my wall if no trains appear.

Am I reading the settings wrong? Biters shouldn't attack with my mod options as far as I can see.
I lowered the Biter Health/Damage for now to be able to handle the nighly waves.

4 years ago

Without a save I wouldn't be able to help you

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

OP. Same exact problem. No matter how low I set things I still get the same waves around the same times. Culminating in total onslaught after about 14 hours. Over and over until I am dead. Shame this isn't being actively supported any more. It is the greatest reason I started playing again.

Edit: It would seem my issue is related to using Natural Evolution in conjunction with this mod.

4 years ago

Oh I'm so sry Veden, you actually took the time and replied and I didn't get it =(
I think I still have the savegame, but (some mod) versions will be different now.

@Roguedeus I didn't have natural evolution in that save going,
but many other mods, like Krastorio, Space exploration and AAI.
Intuition says they should not interfere, but often they still do...

Sometimes game mechanis also cause unexpected behaviour - by now I think me changing the settings might have had no effect because it only would effect new spawner / not the existing enemies - just a guess.

New response