Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Strange behavior

4 years ago

Veden, I'm seeing what I think is some strange behavior in my heavily modded Rampant game. I can provide a save file if needed. 40% evo.

First, I have most of the new enemies turned on, but only acid variations have spawned, and have by now taken over pretty much every spawner in sight. I just adjusted some of the values in BaseUtils.lua in order to try and get more random mutations going, but I'm not entirely sure if I messed with the correct values (I messed with the upgradeBase function in particular, changing the rolls). Can you point me to which values in particular I can change in order to roll for more random evolution?

Second, enemies seem very passive, even nests that are right under the pollution cloud. But the counterattacks are extremely strong- walk into an area with many nests and start fighting and literal hordes of biters come out of the woodwork to attack, which seems odd since their normal attacks are tiny. Could the nests be stockpiling points for some reason? These counterattacks seem really disproportionate to the standard attacks. Aggressiveness = 0.5, player pheromones off.

Third, the usual problem of enemy values like health and resistances being very unwieldy long decimals. Not a major issue but an annoying one.

Thanks.

4 years ago

By design a region only starts with a single faction type, they mutate overtime. I can look up values for you.

Save is required for the second question.

The third is an easy fix, just takes some time.

4 years ago

Thanks for replying.

So about the second thing, the passive enemies, I've tweaked things some more and they finally seem to be behaving normally enough. Third thing, okay, I see.

Can you give me some guidance on the first point?

4 years ago

In addition to modifying the upgradeBase function, you will most likely want to modify the createBase function specifically in the alignments property of a base.

New response