Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g How to disable everything but the new AI? + Feedback

4 years ago

Hey,
This mod is overwhelming to me, I just want to get better and new bitter behaviors but the whole tiers/level, etc. is kind of incomprehensible to me.
If anyone knows how to make that work, what to check and what to uncheck I would be very grateful.

My feedback from using it for a brief moment:
Factorio 0.17.34
Rampart 0.17.23
added midgame,
Ok, Upon launching the game with mod and disabling various factions, as I didn't touch level/tier variables, my pollution cloud skyrocketed. Which is very strange. My dormant frontier base which didn't produce any pollution, fluid tanks full with solar energy power, suddenly was doing twice pollution of what it used to when fully operational but it didn't even produce 1 pollution per minute at that time. Again fluid tanks empty so everything was turned off thanks, praise the logic circuit.
Secondly my main base is also fully eco friendly and pollution cloud reached three times further of what it used to reach when it was using coal boilers.
I didn't like that, as I am not producing That much of pollutions; less than 100 per minute.
What I enjoyed however was the overall behaviors, the bitters were attacking every time from different directions. Also option to disable damage from ground acid and let's not forget about blockable projectiles, those options are very nice.

4 years ago

The new enemies are disable by default and unless World: Enable new enemies in the mod settings is enabled you wont see the new enemies.

Did you add any other mods? Did you upgrade factorio?

4 years ago

Rampant should not be altering any pollution mechanics

4 years ago

Thanks for the response.
Here is my list of mods I am using currently:

Alone in the dark
barrel size
clockwork
config train specification
config underlenghts
invulnerable rails and poles continued
Landmover
realistic reactors
opteralib
reinforced walls
scanning radar shield FX
storage tank 2
turret shields
vehicle grid
vehicle snap
warehousing
Base 0.17.34
cargo ships
concreted rails
no wall repair
wreckage pollution

Only wreckage pollution is modyfying pollution, in short if a structure with X fluid is destroyed it will spill said fluid and create pollution over time as it dissipates.
However I didn't lost/touch any buildings/pipes so that should not be a problem. But apparently my Map was Very Red

I will try updating Faktorio and give it a try. Will post reply when done

4 years ago

Hey again,

I updated Faktorio to 0.17.36 with Rampart 0.17.24. current Evolution factor 0.62, added midgame.

One I enabled mod I didn't experience anything like I was describing above. I played a bit, nothing really happened during that time, except for a random bitter party on rail tracks doing nothing in the middle of nowhere. However on 6-9? ingame days. That's when I noticed sudden pollution spike soaked by tiles/entites, but generated pollution was steady.
Here is link to my google drive folder with images of what I am experiencing Right now. I am not sure if that's intended
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H_vOW51eg0g9cD4wjm05Zir7lryNhLyN?usp=sharing

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It looks unusually, do you have a save?

4 years ago

Yes, I do have a few save files. I will upload them to my google.drive

I've got more story to tell after playing along with this unusual behavior.
It seems that bitter/spitter spawners are producing pollution at a higher ratio than they can absorb it upon reaching the unknown trigger, be it technology/gametime/etc. Once that happens "randomly?" selected spawners start to emit massive amounts of pollution see picture named [Facktorio PostRampart 1.JPG" and compare it to the one called [Facktorio PreRampart 1.jpg].

In the second picture eg. PreRampart 1 that's the relevant part of my map before using Rampart. Everything past the visible area has never been visited.
PS. I use modded radar which I use to just scan the Area, that's why it's visible.

Upon loading the Rampart 0.17.24 and spending a few "6-9" days at x1.5 daylenght modifier (days are 50% longer). Strange behavior started to happen. At first, it was a random bitter group between Oil Peninsula and The Central #1 railway station. Then after 1-2 real minutes, certain spawners started to emit pollution, see picture [Facktorio PostRampart 1.JPG]
It is worth noting that picture [Facktorio PostRampart 2.JPG] shows pollution stats the same time PostRampart 1.JPG was taken, eg. less than 30 real seconds passed.
During the next 4 in-game days, most pollution produced by spawners was absorbed by tiles/trees/xenomorphs. There are still pockets of pollution leftover from that, and in a few places, bitters would chew down large parts of forest due to pollution being present there, so they went there to investigate. Leveling rocks/trees in that area and in between. See picture [Facktorio PostRampart 3.JPG]

My theory is that it is tied to AI:AI Aggressiveness setting, which just makes certain spawners produce pollution due to being aggressive, meanwhile other spawners are at peacefull status. But that's just that, a theory.

4 years ago

The AI aggressiveness shouldn't have any bearing on the pollution generation.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The mod wreckage pollution causes destroyed trees to make a large amount of pollution.

What you are seeing is the biters and spitters destroying trees and the wreckage pollution is adding pollution.

Wreckage pollution could check for which force destroyed a tree and if it is the enemy force then don't add pollution, but this is not Rampant issue.

4 years ago

Hey,
I disabled the aforementioned modification and it is working as intended. Big thanks!

New response