Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

i Biter factions compatibility?

5 years ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/biter_factions
With new enemies enabled, it just spawns vanilla enemies. Any way to fix it?

5 years ago

Currently Rampant expects and uses the "enemy" force for detection and command and control only.

Biter factions could probably be made to work, but would be a small performance hit for Rampant even if you aren't using the biter factions mod.

5 years ago

What is a "small performance hit"? -5 UPS? -10? -30? If it is minus 0-15 UPS, I don't think it would make as much of a difference. Also it should be possible to make code that uses these special forces ONLY if biter factions are enabled right(?) I'm not a modder so I don't know. For now I'm just going to play without biter factions.

5 years ago

I'd love to see these actually work together. Massive biter wars would be awesome. As it stands, I think anyone using Rampant or Biter factions, either alone or together, is already expecting and prepared for a "small performance hit", lol. Cheers Veden. Your AI has whooped my arse on more than one game.

5 years ago

Fixing the spawners is one issue, this probably isn't to bad to fix.

Currently Rampant only applies its logic to the standard enemy force.

Are you expecting the biter faction forces to be attacking the other enemies like they attack the player?
Are you expecting the biter faction forces to attack the player like the standard enemy force?

5 years ago
  1. Yes. In waves, as they attack the player (maybe not as strong waves).
  2. I don't exactly understand what do you mean by this. But when multiple waves (each in a different force) would be attacking at once, It makes sense that they shouldn't attack each other, because now they have a common goal of killing the player.
5 years ago

This is possible, but at this time I don't plan to implement it.

5 years ago

Ok. Will you fix the spawners for now?

5 years ago

I wasn't planning on it

5 years ago

Ok. For now I will just play without biter factions then.

New response