Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g question on new enemies + suggestion

5 years ago

Hello

First off, love the mod so great work

I enabled the setting for world enable new enemies, it was that stated it changes requirements from 2gb to 9gb but it doesn’t seem to make any difference to the amount of system that factorio draws it stays around 1.5gb regardless of it being on or not. Is this normal or is there some issue happening here?

I have tried this with new games and old saves with no difference.

I also had some suggestions of new weapons for the rampant arsenal mods

Morter – long range, inaccurate large blast slow firing
Hedgehog morter, barrage fire, slow reload long range inaccurate multi shot
Cruise missile – very long range, accurate large blast, very slow firing
High velocity / rail gun – very slow firing, single round very poweful +1000% dmg etc, long range

thank you

5 years ago

I realize now how badly I described that.

Adds news enemies that will be dispersed over the world. This increases the RAM requirements. With 1 variation for each biter, worm, and nest and 5 tiers expect upto a 2GB RAM increase. With 20 variations and 10 tiers set expect up to 9GB RAM increase. Variations add randominess to each tier of biter, worms, or nests. Tiers are the power level of the biters.

The above is going to replace the current description on the settings.
Please let me know if that answers your question.

Also this is the wrong spot of the rampant arsenal talk, but the player has access to a mortar are you talking about a larger fixed building?

Cruise Missile, how is this different than the two rocket turrets already?

Rail gun, so like a large cannon cannon?

Also what do consider long?

5 years ago

Thanks for the reply, yes it makes sense to me now

sorry for suggestion about rampant arsenal here I didn’t know if to make separate topic or do it all in one place.

yes a building for the mortar

i suppose it would be similar to the rocket turrets, i was thinking its range would be 150-200 and shooting a missile / rocket and reload being 10 seconds for example, being very expensive to make but can decimate large amounts of a wave. almost like a mini artillery i guess

the rail gun i was thinking would not be explosive live a cannon but could one shot most enemies but would have 2-3 second reload making it ineffective against large week waves but would be more effective as the bitters got more and more powerful.

New response