Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b "Error while running event" with since upgrading to latest version

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Error while running event
Rampant::on_nth_tick(41)
Rampant/libs/SquadAttack.lua:88:
attempt to compare number with nil

The version of Rampant: 0.16.37
What is your map evolution: Something around 48.7%
Was Rampant added at the start of a game: Yes
A brief description of what you are experiencing: After loading a savegame with the latest version of Rampant enabled I get the above error message after about 1-2 seconds in the game. Only option is to hit "Ok" and exit the game.
Are you using custom world generation, if so what mods? No custom world generation besides RSO, if that applies at all.

What I noticed is, that I can go back in time by loading an autosave and then easily get further than the moment the problem happens in the savegame by keeping playing. It seems to be only a problem on loading.

EDIT: Scratch the part about being able to load an older save. Apparently the bug now "infected" all of them and I can't go back - 27 hours of savegame unusable for now :(

5 years ago

Exact same issue.

The version of Rampant: 0.16.37
What is your map evolution: 84.9%
Was Rampant added at the start of a game: Yes
A brief description of what you are experiencing: Any savegame with the latest version of Rampant enabled I get the above error message after about 1-2 seconds in the game. Only option is to hit "Ok" and exit the game.
Are you using custom world generation, if so what mods? RSO

5 years ago

I wont have time to investigate this till later today.

5 years ago

no worries. ty!

5 years ago

Same error here. I additionally tried rolling back to 16.36 and 16.35, but slightly different errors occur instead.

5 years ago

If someone has a save this will be a faster process.

5 years ago

I can send you a link for a save, but it's 26MB and my mod list is pushing 250... Do you still want it?

5 years ago

yes, I technically only need the Rampant mod loaded to verify everything. If you need an upload location, use the Rampant forums

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

your save is crashing to desktop before it finishes loading due to train removal on rails because of too many missing mods.

Does anyone have a less modded save?

Edit: Nevermind, I got the save to work

5 years ago

Should be fixed now

5 years ago

Fantastic! Thank you!

5 years ago

Rampant 0.16.38 seems to have fixed the problems. I could load my saves and everything seems back to normal.
Should something related show up again, I'll report back.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Getting errors with Rampant 0.16.39
Error while running event
Rampant::on_nth_tick(41)
Rampant/libs/MovementUtils.lua:89: attempt to call local 'scoreFunction' (a table value)

With this we're back to step 1 again, as this happens after loading a save and makes the save unusable.

5 years ago

Same with my save after loading the save

Error while running event Rampant::on_nth_tick(41)
Rampant/libs/SquadAttack.lua:86: attempt to compare number with nil

5 years ago

give .40 a try

5 years ago

So far it's holding up, but that has been the case with the other versions before as well. As before, I'll report back in a day or so.

Also: Having had to disable and re-enable rampart via mod toggling without being able to re-enable vanilla AI, I now have a "couple" of biters standing around doing nothing. Is there any way to cure their braindeadness other than the usual "bullet cure"?

5 years ago

k, thank you.

Bullet cure or /c game.forces.enemy.kill_all_units() (this will disable achievements)

5 years ago

also confirmed bug.
for bullet cure while keeping achievements, create a mod that's only a control.lua, use "on_load" and send that command. then save and reload without the mod.

5 years ago

You have this bug now with the latest .40?

5 years ago

no, updating fixed. sorry, meant to add that, but got sidetracked with something

5 years ago

Having this issue with the .40 version. Game was working great, saved and went for a reload and now its throwing the error on load in.

Here is a screenshot of the error: https://i.gyazo.com/e2c736fd4915375a77b89bbc06963630.png

5 years ago

do you have a save?

New response