Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Thank you for the great mod - what is planned in future?

5 years ago

Hi Veden and Rampant community,

My partner and I have had many, many hours of fun with this mod over the last year. The combat element of Factorio felt underwhelming in the base game, and it has been great to get a real biter threat through the Rampant mod. Thank you so much for all your work Veden.

I was hoping you may be able to give us some idea of what else you have planned for the mod, if anything? I recall many months ago there was a thread where you (?) were showing us custom AI bases (nesting sites) with interconnected hives. Is this direction still of interest to you?

Thank you again for Rampant.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod.

The custom AI base stuff for now is just the factions currently in the new enemies.

In 0.17, allows unit spawners to spawn anything, so you could model the main hive with smaller nests.

Otherwise I have thought about giving the biters a type of oil that spawns under nests to use for the war machine.

I have also thought about adding tunneling enemies.

Otherwise 0.17 brings some optimizations.

Do you have anything in mind or that you would like to see?

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=31445&start=380#p397750

New response