Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Cant load mod

5 years ago

Not even reinstalling the mod fixes this...

5 years ago

What mods do you have installed and what are your mod settings?

5 years ago

and what version of the mod?

5 years ago

I have 52 mods... Add assembler batteries, advanced atomics, alien bloodfix, autocolor, big brother, bobs inserters, concrete and stone , creative mode , deadlocks loaders, deadlocks stacking, epic artillery sounds, fogged research , geothermal, chem flip, induction charging, long range turret, macerator, mushroom cloud , nicefill, nuclear fuel, omega drill , platforms, player evolution, reverse factory, scattergun turret (i dont use this much) , skan advanced mining storage tank mk2, there is my ghost , turret shields, vehicle wagon, walls block spitters , warehousing, weapon sounds redone, yet another infinite ore mechanic (yaiom), automatic belt direction, dirt path factorissimo 2 compatibility, enhanced flashlight, explosive biters (i added this because rampant didnt worked) , heavy tank (my favorite) , hovercraft , ks power , less unplugged bud , minime aka More accurate player size compared to vehicles , more archievements, noxys multidirectional trains, nuclear furnace , petrol condensation reload , rtg, small robots - just mak the two robots smaller, todo list, turbine priority, ultimate belts (i dont use this much).

5 years ago

and i had newest version of rampant.

5 years ago

and i tried rampant WITHOUT explosive biters and it still doesnt work.

5 years ago

I don't see anything that should conflict. Have you made any changes to the default mod settings?

5 years ago

I forgot to mention that 1st time i downloaded the mod it was working, so i switched on the new enemies (i have 8gb RAM) then i reloaded the game and the error showed up. as i said not even reinstalling mod fixes the problem.

5 years ago

If you load Rampant by itself does it work?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i will try wait

5 years ago

Yes it does...

5 years ago

Eh.Now i loaded the rampant with other mods enabled and it works!

5 years ago

Its weird.

5 years ago

And a question : can i run rampant on old save?

5 years ago

i just dont undertand it :D I had error and it was still there even if i reinstalled the mod, and now i tried to run it without other mods, it worked and after that the mod worked normally with other mods... why not...

5 years ago

My only thought would be something legacy from another mod stuck in the memory.

Regardless, I'm glad that it is working.

And yes, Rampant should work in an old save. If the old save doesn't work, please let me know.

5 years ago

Okay. thanks for responding and communicating with me (not much modders like you do this)
and... thats it. bye!

5 years ago

Hi! I'm having a similar issue right now. My game is heavily modded, and I was running it just fine with rampant until I realized the new enemies were disabled. When I enable them, I can't load past the sprites on the first screen, and I'm watching my physical memory usage from Factorio skyrocket to 13,000,000k in task manager. It runs just fine without the new enemies, but they're half the challenge.

5 years ago

What is the max RAM in your machine? Also if you have maxed out the variations try only doing 5 or 10 to start with.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rampant/faq

5 years ago

My machine has 16gb of ddr4 ram. I tried disabling some variations and that seems to have worked.
Thank you for the fast response!

New response