Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Do not touch the number of "Tiers" and "Variations" in the mod settings!

6 years ago

The mod offers a setting in the Mod Options menu, where you can set up the number of "Tiers" and "Variations" of alien enemies.

Keep them to their minimum settings. Do NOT max them under any circumstances.

The result can seriously lock up your computer or even fry your graphics card and result in a bluescreen of death error.

The developer of this mod has failed to mention that those features are based of a hack that Factorio is not normally supposed to do, causing a huge increase in performance and RAM requirements. The author of the mod has publicly said that his own modder Factorio uses 11GB of RAM. Take a moment to consider how ridiculous that is.

The modder is not malicious, just incompetent in informing the effects of their mod's features and settings. The mod works fine without touching these settings, but to avoid any harm for another user's PC that downloads this mod for the first time, leave those two setting to their absolute minimum.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

You seem to have a strong opinion and something of a personal vendetta against me.

I'm glad the mod could inspire such passion in you.

The mod setting description you reference in this post tells me you read the potential effects of the setting.

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=31445&start=280#p351302

What would you recommend I do to fix the problem?

New response