Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b [WARNING] Mod can cause irrepairable damage to your Graphics Card!

6 years ago

The mod features a option that adds "new enemies" as well as "tiers" and "variations". Setting these to max can risk killing your graphics card hardware, because Factorio lacks a safeguard to stop it from loading sprites and data during the first loading screen.

I recommend to avoid this mod at all costs.

6 years ago

That's a very strange accusation? Why do you think this?

6 years ago

numgun has been spreading these false claims everywhere that have no credibility. The mod and Factorio are completely safe. Running this mod and Factorio will do just as much damage as running any other resource intensive program on your device. If using a resource intensive program on your device causes instability, consider it isn't the program's fault or some random mod you installed on it recently.

6 years ago

This is the stupidest thing I've read this month.

6 years ago

MatrixGuy and death_hawk are both Wrong, the mod setting offer a feature to set the number of "Tiers" and "Variations". If these are set to a high or max value, the game will then require a ridiculous amount of RAM and processing power from the computer. The modder themselves have admitted to their game setup using 11GB of ram.

Guys, thats 11GB for running modded factorio! Thats fucking nuts.

There is NO warning of any kind, so an unsuspecting new user to the mod may want to crank those to max, wanting for the best, most varied experience, only to have their computer lock up, or in the worst case, like mine, have their GPU fried.

The modder of this mod has failed to warn the user of the increased RAM requirement for these particular mod seetings and used a hack to make the game do something its not supposed to. The modder has commited an irresponsible and incompetent error.

6 years ago

I know only 3 ways how it may happen.
1 - you have broken drivers and they destroyed your card. (my father saw some graphics cards that explode your monitor after 15-20 min)
2 - you had overheat protection set wrong.
3 - your hardware was broken somewhere when you start the test and it shortcircuited something under stress

no problem on my Radeon HD 6670 with 1GB VRAM on maximum. no glitch, no BSOD for hours.

5 years ago

The mod is totally fine and safe. Numgun has no idea how software works with hardware if you think a resource intensive mod or program will brick a machine.

Maybe if the machine is trash and has all power and heat protections disabled. IE running a GPU until it hits 95-100C solid until it dies.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

you're wrong!

IF it's overheating, something is mostly with tons of dust on it, or poor cooling to start with, either way, a game won't hurt your system, since it uses less processing power then mostly benchmark out there...they, they indeed use the whole system to is maximum.. A GPU intensive game like GTA with graphics mods like ENB + HD textures, can increase temperature, shouldn't hurt the hardware tho, (if operated in right/safe conditions) but could increase the temps for sure..

U could Download a software like RealTemp(intel CPU's) or CoreTemp(AMD CPU's) to check CPU's Temps...and GPU-Z for your's GPU Higher temp CAN and WILL even KILL your hardware...

Again, not a mod, game or software problem at all...it yours problem to fix the hardware...or clean the dust out of it!

As for high usage of RAM, that's nothing, i have, mostly of the time more then 13GB loaded, sometimes without any game open at all... IT IS MADE to be used! Servers have huge amount of RAM being used!

That been said, you should check to avoid any further problems! Good Luck for ya

This thread has been locked.