Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Saving takes a long time after update .19

6 years ago

First of all, love the mod! keep up the great work!

now on to my problem.
So I updated factorio from .16.16 -> .16.22 and whatever mods updates had come through which was in this case rampant from .16.2 -> .16.19. I immediately noticed slowdown when saving (was almost instantly to get the greenbar moving when autosaving but now it takes a good 4-6s before it starts moving then the normal time.

Updated to .16.23 on factorio and .16.20 on rampant a moment ago and it seems to be a bit quicker but its still some 4-5s before the bar gets going.

Any tips? also want me to share the save somewhere?
Also disabling rampant restores the savetime so I'm fairly certain its the mod

6 years ago

I can take a look at the save, but no promises on a fix

6 years ago

Your map is a good size and this is getting to the point where I'm not going to be able to do much without a investing a good amount of time in this

6 years ago

Your map is a good size and this is getting to the point where I'm not going to be able to do much without a investing a good amount of time in this

What map size do you recommend? I'm currently doing a 2048x2048 first time factorio playthrough and looking to get Rampant on the next playthrough.

What maximum map size would you can safely recommend to play on?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

that is fine, if you don't mind a ~5-6 second autosave pause.

The size of the world only affects saving and loading times

6 years ago

okey thanks for looking into it though!

New response