Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Performance (Revisited)

6 years ago

I have played with this mod for a while now, and have had very little problems up until .15. Recently I have been playing on a modded multiplayer map with some friends and we started to notice some severe frame rate drop. I opened up the debug menu and found that while most other mods were using .1 to .2 script updates per tick, rampant was using anywhere from 1-3. In looking at the map i believe i can see why, you can now see the biters from the mini map meaning that those biters have to be loaded. They do not get removed as the description states until you are near them, leaving your extensive radar network to load them at all times. This is compounded by the fact that hordes of them sit and do nothing, not even move. I do not know if this is a bug (no pun intended) or on purpose. There are hordes of hundreds upon hundreds just sitting in spots not moving until the player is nearby. I have since disabled the mod and my fps/ups is back up to a perfect 60 from 30-40 with the mod enabled. Im not sure how to fix this but I think this is an awesome mod and deserved some praise and support. Let me know if i can help in any way.

6 years ago

I would need to look at a save file otherwise your description does not give enough detail to assess without it. Also the forums tend to work better because notifications are sent when messages are posted.

6 years ago

The latest version should do a better job of removing extra biter clusters.

New response