Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Breaks peaceful mode

7 years ago

I know, I know, why install rampant AI if you're going to play in Peaceful mode? The thing is, I have so many mods installed right now I wasn't thinking about it much... and maybe it's another mod causing the issue.

At any rate, I decided I wanted to play without alien attacks, and tried to turn on peaceful mode using the console command (followed by the kill all aliens, I know how it works). The attacks kept coming.

Then I started a new map, specifically selecting the "enemies never attack first" option. I had a Very Large starting area, so it was a long time before I noticed -- but suddenly, waves of aliens started attacking a mining base.

The only mod I can think of that might be causing this is the Rampant AI. I'm going to disable it and see if the issue persists.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I'm pretty sure it is Rampant that is causing your issue.

If the rational for wanting peace mode and Rampant is good, I will look into fixing this, but otherwise I would say disable it or remove it if you want peace.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Yup, verified, if I disable Rampant then peaceful mode works.

7 years ago

This has been fixed in the latest build

New response