Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Option to slow down Rampant?

7 years ago

It's a really interesting mod. But I'm getting a lot of complaints on my bob's+angel's server, as these two mod sets slow down progression a lot-- it seems it's not really realistic to use Rampant AI with them.

Would it be possible to have some kind of config option that controls the ramp up so that, for using mod configs like the above, they'll eventually face Rampant AI at full difficulty but at a much later time compared to a vanilla+ setup?

7 years ago

Are you talking just about the attack waves, the logic for avoidance, or everything together?

7 years ago

the issue with this "i know its a late response" seems to be the waves are so constant that evolution skyrockets day 2 plays and at 90% evolution factor and i am only on laser turrets mk2 and bobs biters are so strong anything short of mk4-5 is not going to hold off behemoths

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

What do you mean by evolution skyrockets? Killing biters has no effect on evolution factor.
Have you tried using gun and sniper turrets?
You could always reduce the biter wave max size and the ramp up to that max size in the config file.

New response