RPG System

This mod adds a basic RPG system to the game (XP, level-up and skills)

8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i More Interfaces to manipulate player XP and selected bonuses

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi,
I really enjoy your mod, however I use it with Clusterio and I would love to modify PlayerManager (which syncs player data between servers) to include the player levels that players have picked, so that when players travel between Clusterio servers, their RPG stats follow them.

I would like if possible some sort of new interface that allows me to capture a players RPG stats such as:
1) Current Player XP
2) Selected Bonuses and their level
3) Any sort of settings a player has picked related to your mod

Perhaps this could return a table that contains all player information in an easy to use format, such as:
player.xp
player.bonuses.crafting_speed = 2 (the bonus level)

Also another interface to change their bonuses would be really useful, either by calling RPG to update each bonus at a time, or to have the ability to supply many bonuses in a table format and update them all at once.

4 years ago

Hi AlienX. It is done. Please update and test the new feature. I made a copy / paste player status
To use this you have to fisrt copy a player stats form one server, then paste it to the new server. It requires player and character valid

to copy: local status = remote.call ('RPG', 'CopyPlayerStats', playername)
to paste: remote.call ('RPG', 'PastePlayerStats', playername, status)

Tell me if it is working fine on Clusterio =)

4 years ago

Hey,
Thanks for doing this so quickly, i shall modify PlayerManager today and test it out :)

4 years ago

Hi MFerrari,
It works a treat, RPG Stats are now synced between my servers in Clusterio, there is however one minor oversight which i feel is relevant:

When Paste is called, no where are you updating the gui (in this instance, the 'chartoplvtxt' label) to reflect the new pasted level.

Clicking the character button and closing the window fixes the issue, but maybe something you might want to address, i assume calling UpdatePanel() would be enough?

Many thanks,
AlienX

4 years ago

Please try again

4 years ago

Apologies for the late response, all good now mate, thank you.

New response