RITEG

Radioisotope thermoelectric generator, as known as RITEG or RTG. The starting power output is 600 kW, the half life about 12 hours.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g Breeder RITEG problems

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

So, I'm not seeing the breeder riteg getting any damage points at all from decaying once I've placed it down. Another thing is that it doesn't seem to decay, at all...
Also, there are two fundamental problems that I've noticed with the breeder riteg:

1:: Math seems a bit wrong. Breeder fuel is typically only half the value as uranium fuel in other mods.
Let's start by taking a look at the 1 normal riteg which cost 5x uranium fuel cell: riteg cost: 8GJ_fuel_value*5_uranium_fuel_cells=40GJ_total_power_value
Next, let's calculate for a breeder riteg which cost 10x breeder fuel cells:
4GJ_fuel_value*10_breeder_fuel_cells=40GJ_total_power_value
They appear to be exactly the same! Yet the breeder mysteriously gives me nearly 10 times the power as the normal one? Which brings me to my next point...

2:: The power output displayed on the sprite's mouse-over isn't correct. Mouse-over info says that it outputs 100kj @ 60MW. The electric production info says that it outputs 6MW. Which considering the recipe calls for 10x each ingredient, seems right at first...except issue one which clearly shows that power provided exceeds the fuel consumption. Perhaps the recipe using breeder fuel cells was meant to make just another normal riteg using alternate fuel? And the new item was accidental, perhaps something intended to be a mk2 version or the normal riteg?

New response