RITEG

Radioisotope thermoelectric generator, as known as RITEG or RTG. The starting power output is 600 kW, the half life about 12 hours.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g Unexpectedly being returned used up RITEG and fuel cells.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi darkfrei, this mod is fantastic and I'd love to use it, however I'm having a balancing issue while testing it within a new game.
The issue is that picking up a RITEG returns a used up RITEG and unused fuel cells no matter at which point of the RITEG's lifetime I choose to pick it up.
For example, placing a RITEG and immediately picking it up returns the used up counterparts.
Since I'm using a more in depth nuclear fuel cycle, this is actually very broken as it enables extremely easy access to plutonium from used fuel cells, which normally I'd need reactors running to produce.

So if that's not the intended behaviour, could this be fixed, and if it is, could there be a config value for a threshold in which RITEGs must be at or below in their lifetime before they return unused fuel cells? (If they're any younger than the threshold, the fuel cells are lost).
Perhaps even, if the RITEG isn't to the threshold yet, you just get the RITEG back at its current "health" to place again?

Thanks!

Mod set this occured in:
RITEG
Plutonium Energy

4 years ago

It's very hard, what i must get after first second of riteg working? All fuel or one used up fuel and rest as fresh fuel? The next comes and ask why he get not all cells, early was one more!
I can set the flag "unminable" for the short time, but then players cannot move it an i get next message.

4 years ago

I see, so it's not something that can be changed on the fly with a script per say? More of a defined upon startup kind of thing?
If that's the case, could there be a config option to set it as unmineable until it's "depleted", for those of us who want that?

4 years ago

Yes, I can add this option.

4 years ago

Thank you very much!

New response