Temporary Stations (Wait Conditions and Personal Trains)

The mod lets you control the behaviour of trains upon arriving at temporary stations. The train either switches to manual mode or waits with custom conditions. You can also define a Train as your Personal Train and use the shortcut to call that train to your position.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Trains

b Never remember personal train

4 years ago

Greetings and thanks for your mod !

It is really cool to be now able to call a train on the fly however it seems it forgets my personal train after I call it once.
I use the train call shortcut to display the mod interface, I click on the button to select my personal train then I call it, it comes. But once I try to call it a second times, the mod says that he can't locate my personal train even if it is 2 meters away from me

4 years ago

Hi,

did you changed the train in some way? adding or removing a wagon or locomotive? Factorio assigns new ids to trains if the composition changes

4 years ago

Oh thanks for the highlight, I'm actually using Noxys' bidirectionnal trains and it indeed changes the train ID when it's reversing the locomotive. I'll try to talk about that with the mod author

4 years ago

So I asked and got this answer :

However the author of the QoL-TempStations mod could do something to make it compatible. What they would need to do is register to the on_train_created event and then update their internal id tracking to the new train id's provided by this event.

I hope it'll help to find a possible solution :)

4 years ago

For reference and clarification this is the thread @Hyperbar00 references: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Noxys_Multidirectional_Trains/discussion/5e975e58941a14000ba24efc

And here is the documentation of the event: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/events.html#on_train_created

All you'd really need to do is check if either old_train_id_1 or old_train_id_2 is a train ID you are tracking then update that ID to the new train.id.

New response