Noxys Multidirectional Trains

by _Noxy_

Sneakily rotate locomotives that are being pulled backwards so that they actually help with acceleration instead of just being dead weight.

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Compatibility with Temporary Stations

4 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for your awesome mod !
I've been using for ages and today I tried to launch it with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/QoL-TempStations which offer the possibility to have a personal train we can call to come nearby at any time.
It uses the selected train ID to remember which train we chose.

However when your mod reverses the locomotive, the whole train has its ID changing, thus messing with the other mod to call our personal train. Could there be a way to keep the same train ID when reversing the locomotive, or any way to prevent an uncompatibility with that other mod ?

Thanks in advance

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Heya,

Could there be a way to keep the same train ID when reversing the locomotive

No this is a technical limitation of Factorio where locomotives need to be uncoupled to be rotated (coupling and uncoupling causes trains to receive new ID's).

or any way to prevent an uncompatibility with that other mod

Unfortunately no, at least not on my end; However the author of the QoL-TempStations mod could do something to make it compatible. What they would need to do is register to the on_train_created event and then update their internal id tracking to the new train id's provided by this event.

4 years ago

Thanks for you answer, I'm gonna see with the mod author what can be done !

4 years ago

With the way Factorio creates a new train on every single de-coupling this mod introduces a lot of overhead in mods trying to remain compatible with it.
I used your mod for stress testing LTNs on_train_created logic. ;)

New response