Precious, precious caffeine

by raudorn

This mod adds products and technologies for coffee and caffeine-related items. Coffee berries, coffee and caffeine can be consumed to gain temporary manual crafting and movement speed bonuses. Caffeine can also be used for other products, particularly for military applications.

Content
2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g One cup every +-5s

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Each cup of coffee give you up to 5%.

That's quite a insane lot of coffee.

I changed it to be a lower consumption, but is that intended ? One cup every 5s. :o

A stack is only 100 (so about 5min). If you use drones they keep fallowing you because of this. The production isn't a big deal anyway, regardless of the cost, but the logistic is kinda annoying IMO.

-using latest exp 0.15

6 years ago

The rate of consumption is intended that way.

With different versions the amount each cup gives was changed, but the decay rate was also changed so that the overall rate of consumption of cups stayed the same. I did the initial balancing calculation so that a subfactory with six plantations can fuel one player permanently, which hopefully is still true.

Lowering the rate of consumption would lower the logistic hassle, that's true. However this hassle is part of the cost you have to pay in order to get the bonus from the caffeine. Without this cost, I might as well transfer the bonuses from a consumable item to a passive effect from the technology.

In short, the logistical problem of consumable coffee is intended as part of the cost you pay in return for the crafting and running speed bonuses.

6 years ago

Right. I have 8 plantations and there is a left over of it that I do not use, so the number sound good.

Thx for the reply. :D

New response