Powered Entities

This mod will create power lines between most of the base game's entities that require power.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Power

b Performance

3 years ago

When I tried to open a game saved from a large base that I got on the internet without this mod activated, the performance was horrible as soon as the game opened (5-15 UPS) and then the game crashed completely.
I tested it 2 times and after I tested it without this mod, everything worked fine!

Thanks.

3 years ago

The mod needs to check every entity on the map to see if they need to be powered or not. Normally the mod will try to balance this out over time instead of causing a mini-freeze. For a large map you'll just want a massive freeze to do this check, so change the "Recalculate Batch Size" to a high number (like 1000). The game will appear to be frozen for a while depending on the size of the map. Windows may tell you that the game is not responding, but that's just because the UI isn't doing anything.

You can skip this check when the game is loaded by enabling the "Skip Recalculate On Mod Changes" setting. Though note that any old entities that are on the map will not be powered until you manually click the "Recalculate" button, unless the save already had the mod loaded.

New response