Powered Entities

This mod will create power lines between most of the base game's entities that require power.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Power

b Headless Server Error on Connect

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey mate, getting an error on connect to headless server that is an attempt to load a map from 18.8 (perhaps not possible?).

The mod Powered  Entities (0.4.17) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Powered_Entities::on_tick (ID 0)
__Powered_Entities__/scripts/tasks.lua:53: attempt to call field 'action' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    __Powered_Entities__/scripts/tasks.lua:53: in function <__Powered_Entities__/scripts/tasks.lua:47>
3 years ago

Hm, 18.8 should be fine. This is an existing save? Did it already have powered entities enabled? If so, same version or older?

I'm heading to bed now, but I can check into this more after I'm up.

3 years ago

I thought it had powered entities upon being saved, but it was so long ago, the truth is I'm not sure. Sorry can't say. Maybe I have the version wrong. Hell, I've forgotten it all, now. New map is working fine, of course. We love your mod.

3 years ago

Thanks, glad to hear you enjoy it and that the problem isn't with all headless games.

I checked around a bit and I can't find a reason for that to be nil. I could make a check for it, but that's just putting a bandaid on something that could be worse. Do you still have the original save that was causing the issues? If so, I'd gladly take a look a it to see what happened and try to fix the issue so it doesn't come up again.

3 years ago

Yeah I have the save if that helps. It reminded me of the trouble I have with the Chopper mod, because it handles function tables between reloads (So it has to reload the function tables), and if things change, it can end up referencing an empty table. But I really don't know! We'd love to not have to rebuild all the powered entities on the map, of course, if you are able to find the issue from the save. But I'm totally with you on not wanting to start patching around fixes without knowing what the problem is and yet potentially introducing new errors.

Here is the saved game file. Of course, we have many mods, so, maybe this won't help. But it's here nonetheness: http://adamo.network/factlove/integer.zip

Cheers!

3 years ago

Oh, hrm, well I guess I always assumed since the functions were in the global table that they were safe and serialized for some reason. But now I can see that it obviously isn't the case.

Thanks for the save but it was your first paragraph that made me realize exactly what was wrong, lol. I'll work on a fix for this.

3 years ago

Ok, this has been fixed for version 0.5.0 running on Factorio 0.18. Interestingly enough, this rework wasn't needed for 0.17.

3 years ago

Cheers!

New response