Powered Entities

This mod will create power lines between most of the base game's entities that require power.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Power

b Does not work with...

4 years ago

Does not work with most "mini machines", bob's greenhouses, most angel's machines.
Also i can't generate report, it shows me:
Cannot execute command. Error: No such function: Powered_entities.build_report
stack traceback:
[string "remote.call"("Powered_Entities", "build_report...")]:1: in main chunk.

4 years ago

Can you give me a full mod list?

You can easily get a full list from the "mod-list.json" file in your mods folder. "mod-settings.json" also couldn't hurt if you're in that folder already.

4 years ago

Hm, I was able to install bob's greenhouses and they worked. There might be some other mod conflicting here. I can investigate more with the full mod list.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Oh that would totally do it then, the main description is for the 0.4+ version of the mod, which was only made for 0.18. The version you are using will only have entities that were specifically listed in a file, not dynamically generating them.

I'll take a look at what it would take to backport it to 0.17.

4 years ago

Ok, it was just an info.json update to backport it. You should have 0.4.2 available for Factorio version 0.17+.

That was quite an impressive mod list, but I installed a bunch of bob's and angel's mods, and looks like a good bit of them are good. Let me know if anything seems off. The build report command should also run now.

4 years ago

Thank you very much :). Ill test it and tell you

4 years ago

Sooo... It works with every machine using electricity. Tries to generate report crashes my game. But it's not important if everything works, thanks again :)

4 years ago

Ya just having bobs and angels took a good 10 seconds with nothing happening. Is it a full crash, or just windows saying unresponsive? If it's just unresponsive then you can let it sit for a while and it should finish eventually

4 years ago

It closes game after 1 minute freeze I can give u some save to sync mods if u want to test it

4 years ago

Hm, the save won't have much of an impact on the report (unless it's massive to start with and lagging well below 60 UPS on normal playing).

The report is generated on it's own, it just depends on the other mods, you can try it on a new game, but I assume you will run into the same performance issue. I'll see if I can tweak the report when there are so many entities in the game.

4 years ago

I have tested this on new save of course. Never under 60 UPS

4 years ago

Ya, playing around with the report now. My comptuer maxed out on memory and full crashed.

I had an assumption on how big entities could be, but something in your mod pack is 32x32, so I need to make a cap on the report.

Fun fact, you have 2178 entities in your game. Whereas the base game has around 100.

4 years ago

Maybe its merging chest mod, i have set that 32x32 max chest :v and every configuration like 1x32 1x31 etc is counted as one lol

4 years ago

Lol ok, I found the issue, it was a math bug on my end. Nothing to do on your end (short of having so many mods that my small issue blew up).

Basically, I make a dummy surface and spawn a 10x10 block of entities, I was adding in the total number of entities instead of 10 at one point, so was making in the end an 8k x 8k, when the max should be around 1k x 1k in your case. I fixed the issue and I can get past that point in the code with Factorio hitting maxing around 5GB of RAM.

Though the report is failing due to a few of your mods. They are expecting a player to have build the entities, and since it's not in this case it's failing. I saw atleast cargo ships and some LTN mod were failing.

I'm going to have a new version out in a bit with a fix to my calculation.

4 years ago

Version 0.4.4 is available for Factorio 0.17 and should fix the crash on report generation. You'll have to turn off some mods that don't play nicely with it to generate a partial report though.

New response