Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

g Suggestion: Allow transformers to have a maximum throughput set

1 year, 2 months ago

When setting up defenses with laser turrets I ended up frequently blowing up my power poles since their recharge easily goes past the limit in my network. I could split my defenses up into separate networks but usually I'd only expect a couple of laser turrets to be active at a time (wherever there is an attack) or use substations instead, but that only gives a slight improvment to the limit (the largest power poles doesn't have a good supply area).

So rather than those poor workaround I thought that perhaps transformers could have way to set their maximum throughput for them? Then I could set that to the maximum for my network and as long as I don't have any other power being input I'd be safe knowing nothing will blow up.

10 months ago

+1

7 months ago

That would defeat the whole point of the mod :D

You can use fuse poles after each transformer, hopefully they'll blow up first, protecting the rest of your poles.

New response