Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

b [Fixed-1.4.4] PyCompatability after PyAE 1.1.4

1 year, 5 months ago

PyAE 1.1.4 changed the location of the Nexelit power pole in the tech tree. I created a PR which moves the fuse to the new correct location and made a small py-specific balance change as part of it.

PR is at https://github.com/tburrows13/PowerOverload/pull/5, can you take a look when you have some free time?

1 year, 5 months ago

Thanks!

1 year, 4 months ago

On the topic of Py, what are good numbers for poles capacity? These can't be changed late game so it is good to know something in advance. As far I see, 20 MW will evaporate like nothing. One electrolyzer for example, draws like 10 MW.

1 year, 4 months ago

These can't be changed late game

Just to clarify, you can change them midgame, just you have to exit out to the main menu, change the settings (which will prompt the game to reload), then you have to not sync settings with the save when you try to load it.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Kane.Blackmoon - I chose the numbers I did based on two things
1) The base you need to create to get to the medium power poles
2) The 'pain' threshold that Pyanadon wants to create for his mod :)

As a result, if you build bigger earlier, it'll be more painful yeah. I feel this is inline with the ash/lack-of-splitter early game design decisions.

All that said, I did adjust the numbers in this change to 27.5MW (small power pole) / 22MW (small fuse) to be based more on steam engine capability, give a one engine bonus if you don't use fuses and reduce the number of independent power stations you need to build on your way to py1.

I'd love your feedback and you can change anything in settings to meet your tastes as well, of course :)

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

I wonder if it would be possible to change the default numbers to 30 (pole) and 24 (fuse)? Unless there's a big reason for them to be a 27.5/22 I think that a round number would be easier to understand and remember for users.

1 year, 4 months ago

That's reasonable feedback - I went back and forth but got over-focused on being precise wrt #steam engines. I'll update tonight.

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for the advices guys, I will try this mod with Py a bit later and see myself. I started a new save just to test out this mod (+ few others).

1 year, 4 months ago

These changes have now been released in v1.4.4. As always, let me know if you've got more suggestions.

New response