Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

b [No-repro] isolated power generation

1 year, 6 months ago

I am having trouble getting power out of my power-generating modules and to where it is needed. The power network topology looks like this currently:

boilers -> medium poll -> medium fuse -> [in : transformer : out] -> large poll -> [in : transformer : out] -> medium fuse -> medium poll -> mining drill

However, the boilers are running at a fraction of their capacity, the mining drills are drastically browning out and the large poll network is dipping in and out of yellow/green. One of my boiler cells is drawing a total of 3kw out through its transformer. It is a full 20:40 steam build, and has the capacity to generate enough power to keep the mining going. It just isn't making it out through the transformers.

Any ideas? Have I set things up wrongly? I have several of the boiler cells, so isolated them like this for when the power in the backbone is enough to burn out the medium polls.

1 year, 6 months ago

I think I fixed it by manually pulling up the transformer by the power cell, putting it down again and re-wiring it

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

If you’ve got a save file demonstrating the problem, feel free to send it. Otherwise there’s probably not much I can do…

What you've done sounds correct though so it probably is a bug in the transformers.

New response