Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

i [Completed-1.4.0] Blueprinting fuses and transformers

1 year, 6 months ago

I'm loving the extra complexity and design strategies that this mod encourages. However, I've noticed that when I cut and paste, or blueprint, that the wires I manually add to fuses and transformers are not captured. It isn't a showstopper, but it does force manual steps when blueprinting down modules to connect them up.

1 year, 6 months ago

Fuses should work (and is presumably an easy fix for me if they don’t…)

Transformers indeed don’t work, it’s been on my todo list for fix for a long time, but it is quite complex. I’ll get around to it eventually (and knowing people are wanting it will encourage that!)

1 year, 6 months ago

Thanks.

1 year, 5 months ago

I see now what you mean about the fuses. In their case it is a bit different - the wire connections are saved in the blueprints, but when the actual entities are built, they are auto-disconnected as if you'd placed them yourself, because of the "Automatically disconnect poles of different types" setting.
In the next update, ghost poles/fuses that are placed down as part of a blueprint will not be automatically disconnected when they are revived. This may cause some situations where poles of different types aren't disconnected when they still should be (e.g. connections between blueprint poles and poles/ghosts outside the blueprint won't be automatically disconnected). But I think overall it is an improvement.

When 1.2 comes it will provide better APIs for dealing with ghost pole connections so maybe I'll implement a better solution there.

I'm still working on transformers being blueprintable :)

1 year, 5 months ago

I've now implemented blueprintable transformers as well. I probably won't be releasing an update until more of the graphical changes are finished (very exciting changes coming!) but you can download it yourself from GitHub if you like: https://github.com/tburrows13/PowerOverload/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

1 year, 5 months ago

Released now :)

New response