Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

g [Resolved] Better poles

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Hello!
I'm trying to play your mod with 248K mod, and as far as I understand, endgame generators can make power on the scale of Terawatts, is there any way that some larger form of energy transfer can be added, to add compatibility for this mod?

Edit: sorry I'm wrong, they are all editable.

1 year, 10 months ago

I’ve not tested for any compatibility with 248K, so let me know if you have suggestions. In particular I can change the default pole max consumptions when 248k is installed so feel free to send suggestions for those default values.

Does 248k add any power poles? If so then I’d need to add them to the config file so that they can be recognised, otherwise they’ll never explode.

1 year, 10 months ago
1 year, 10 months ago

as far as I can tell 248K does not add any power poles, but the endgame machines and generators can produce/consume terawatts, and the biggest thing in base power overload is 100GW. I changed the High energy interface to 10TW, without truly knowing how it works..... I also changed some of the SE power poles to allow for better solar fields, incase I do terawatts of solar (because it would be funny). I made the pylon, and pylon substation 50GW, however I think the substation should be like 100GW, but I'm not far enough yet to know if any of it is balanced.

New response