Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

i [Completed-1.2.0] Add setting to allow automatically connecting different pole types

2 years ago

Please make the not autoconnecting different types of poles a user configurable option.

2 years ago

That seems like a sensible option to have but what's the reasoning behind it? Wouldn't that just lead to your low-power networks being destroyed anytime you accidentally place a high-power pole on a high-power network near them? Or is it so that you can use high-power poles in low-power networks and benefit from the increased range/supply area?

2 years ago

Mostly the latter. I find in my builds that many of the groupings that your mod would apply to depend on or at least benefit from a mixture of pole types. And definitely the range from the large poles and area from the substations, although I mostly only use those on oil fields. For me at least it would be much easier to manually gap areas than to have to manually add copper everywhere I use mixed poles.

1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks for the feedback, this setting is now released in v1.2.0.

New response