Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

b [No-repro] Feedback loop causes infinite power draw

3 years ago

Hi Xorimuth,

I just wanted to report a kind-of issue, not sure if it is by design or fixable at all, but in my opintion it should be considered a bug.

When you are connecting an energy producing power network via transformer to another one, and then connecting the second to the first either directly or through a second transformer, any power pole limits just get hit instantly - and all the power poles explode. My guess is that some kind of feedback loop is created that starts drawing virtually an infinite amount of power when there is no "end" to a consuming power network.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Kind regards,
_backnull

3 years ago

Hello, thank you for the report.

I can't remember whether I knew about this or not, but the solution for now is just "don't do it", I'm afraid, as I don't have any time to work on this mod for at least a couple of months. I'm not even sure if it is fixable anyway.

3 years ago

Xorimuth It is illuminated! One of the vital mod of this game and he has no time ... I am so bombed that they did not do it in the game or did not include this mod into the game (((((!

2 years ago

Yes.. the way power is handled in the base game is rather disappointing to say the least ):

This mod is a great leap forward (:

New response